The Southwest Harbor Police Department is accepting applications for one full-time dispatcher.
The Southwest Harbor Police Department offers a competitive salary and benefit package which includes paid vacations and holidays, family health insurance and retirement contributions. The Town of Southwest Harbor also offers a choice between ICMA-RC plans or Maine Public Employees Retirement System Special Plan 2C to its full-time law enforcement officers. Special Plan 2C allows for retirement at 50% after 25 years of service with no age requirement.
The current rate of pay is $20.34 an hour after successful completion of the probationary period and certification as a full-time law enforcement officer. The current contract also provides for a 3% increase in July 2022.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Must not have any felony convictions or disqualifying criminal histories.
· Must be a U.S. citizen.
· Must be able to read and write the English language.
· Must be of good moral character.
· Must have the ability to use modern computers and the various software programs used by the department.
· Be able to successfully complete the terminal operator certification course and other required training.
The final candidates will be subject to a full background check and may be required to complete other examinations.
Applications are available at the Southwest Harbor Police Department, 26 Village Green Way, Southwest Harbor, Maine or by visiting our website at www.swhpolice.com or email to email@example.com